Health Insurance

Every international applicant must have an appropriate health policy that covers the duration of their stay. As an international student, you need to arrange Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) even before applying for your student visa. You are free to choose an approved OSHC provider and pay on your own. However, we can guide you and refer you to the providers only, as you need to complete the task as an individual. In the case of an international student, you can seek the help of your educational consultancy to arrange an OSCH coverage. And always remember the name, policies, start and finish date of your health insurance policy.

What Is OSHC?

International students in Australia must have valid health insurance (OSHC) for the duration of their student visa. Health insurance assists you in covering the medical and hospital care that you might need while staying and studying in Australia.

You need to know that OSHC does not cover physiotherapy, optical, or dental care and admission to a private hospital. The cost and duration of the cover will be explained in your offer letter.

Do I have to have OSHC?

Yes, all international students must have OSHC. Back on 1st July 2010, the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) changed the student visa requirements where under condition 8501, the international students must obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the proposed duration of student visa.

How much do I need to pay?

The cost of OSHC depends upon the policies you choose, and it is also directly proportional to the duration of your visa.